Thursday, September 27, 2012

Snoop

Found this indispensable tool for doing wpf development called snoop.   I don't know how I lived without it. Its like having the developer tools in chrome, ie or firefox only for WPF.   I must thank team snoop for developing this.

I have two tips for using snoop.
1. If you are running visual studio in admin mode, make sure you run snoop in admin mode also otherwise it will not work.
2. If you have WPF applications with more than one window it can be a bit confusing to figure out how to inspect any window other than the main window.
To inspect non main windows
a. drag your target cursor from snoop over to the window
b. press ctrl+shift and you you are inspecting the non-main window.  Control shift also works great for selected an element you want to inspect on the screen.

I hope you find this tool as useful as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment