Thursday, January 17, 2013

Gmail POP Email Script

I use Gmail as my primary email.  I have other emails that I need to access so I use Gmail as my email client for these other email addresses. This way I can get them on my phone and everything is consolidated.  It works really well.  I can even send email as this other pop email account.

Unfortunately Gmail has an algorithm it uses to check your email box on pop email addresses.  And there is no setting to say how often to check your pop email address.  Because of this sometimes an email address sent to my POP email account will take hours to get into my inbox.  This is not a good situation.

To solve my problem I found this really cool script written by Daniel Slaughter that will check your pop email for you.  It works awesome. I have only tried in in Chrome, but it works for other browsers also.

http://www.danielslaughter.com/projects/gmail-pop3-checker-for-greasemonkey/


No comments:

Post a Comment