Monday, November 24, 2014

How to Turn Off "Enable Editing" in Office 2013

Recently I opened a word document and missed half of it because it opened with the "Enable Editing" warning.

Because of the warning I did not realized there was a second page on the document and missed some key information.

I figured there must be a way to turn this off, and googled it.  I found this really great post about how to do this.

http://www.thrivenetworks.com/blog/2011/05/25/turn-off-enable-editing-in-microsoft-office-2010/

This was for Office 2010, and I really need to do this for 2013.  Here is the updated screen shot.



You will need to do this for each office product (Excel, Word ...)

Doing this got rid of this warning.  You are opening yourself up to some possible security issues.  But for me the pain of dealing with the "Enable Editing" was worse than the possible security breach.


No comments:

Post a Comment